Sunday, January 21, 2007

Oh that Dirt!

Before my baby days, taking a shower was just as easy as brushing my teeth. Post baby, it's a real treat to have one in peace! Since Stephanie climbs on everything and can't be trusted to be alone for long, I have to take her with me. Let me tell you. It's easier said than done! The first few times she was pretty good. Just wandering around the room with shoes, socks, bath toys and anything else she could grab. One day, I was enjoying my nice, hot shower when it just got too quiet. You probably know the feeling if you're a mom. When I wrapped up paradise, I got out and called for my daughter. After a few calls, she finally wandered over toward me. I have bad eyes without my glasses and she had something dark in her hand. When I asked her to show me what it was, she refused. Then, she cackled, threw it up in the air and went to get some more. Before I could react, there was dirt ALL OVER the room and she looked like she had gotten into the mud. She had found the giant plant. Standing there in my birthday suit, I feared I too would soon look like a mud wrestler. I nearly panicked, but I held it together! I managed to wash off her hands with my wet wash cloth and then dump her in her crib for a time out!!! A few minutes later after I cleaned up the carpet and myself, I went to retrieve my smiling baby who had had a ball playing in the dirt.

2 comments:

Paul said...

That is hilarious! And quite an image!

Which side of the family does her rambunctiousness come from?

And will the plant stay or go?

Maryland Mommy said...

Most likely she gets her craziness from me!!! The plant moved itself to the hallway. It hasn't spoken to baby since the incident!